The Town’s Human Resources and Health Departments together and independently offer a variety of proactive wellness activities for employees.
Most programs are free of charge to all employees and some are scheduled by appointment.
Our wellness events will resume in the fall. Have a safe and healthy summer!
July/August Wellness Information
Cigna VitaMin Newsletter - July 2017
Cigna VitaMin E-card - July 2017
Cigna VitaMin Recipe - July 2017
Frontline Employee Newsletter - August 2017
Wellness Services Offered Include:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Confidential counseling program to help employees and/or their families with a variety of personal health issues such as family and marital difficulties, stress, emotional problems, alcohol or drug abuse.
- EAP can locate resources for eldercare, financial and legal services, support groups and various other needs.
- Call 1-800-275-3327 - Available day or night
Community “Y” – 80 No. Main Street
- Use of fitness room is free to all employees.
Lunch & Learn Programs
- Variety of health education topics offered intermittently throughout the year during convenient lunchtime hours.
- Walking Programs
- MEET Program (Manchester Employees Exercise Together)
- Biggest Winner Contest
Biennial Health/Safety Fair
- Health screenings
- Medical, health & safety literature & information
- Health Care Professionals available for advisement
Medical Counseling (confidential)
- Offered through the Health Department – contact Kathleen Polhemus (860) 647-3078 to make an appointment.
Environmental Health Information
- Concerns regarding environmental health should be initially directed to Kim Dubanoski, (860) 647-3172.
- Flu clinics available to Town employees in the Fall season. Watch for flyers in September and October.
- Various brochures and resources available via the Health Department.
- Visit MyCigna.com
Blood Pressure Screening/Monitoring
- Monthly clinics; individual checks also available at the Health Department– contact Kathleen Polhemus at (860) 647-3078 to make an appointment.
Employees having questions regarding personal health may contact the Health Department at (860) 647-3173.
Employees having questions regarding Employee Wellness programs may contact the Human Resources Department at (860)647-3126.