The Town’s Human Resources and Health Departments together and independently offer a variety of proactive wellness activities for employees.
Most programs are free of charge to all employees and some are scheduled by appointment.
Cigna Vitamin Newsletter - September 2020
Cigna Recipe - March 2019
Cigna E-Mail - March 2019
Town Hall Blood Pressures - 2020
Public Works Blood Pressures - 2020
Police Department Blood Pressures - 2020
Wellness Services Offered Include:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Confidential counseling program to help employees and/or their families with a variety of personal health issues such as family and marital difficulties, stress, emotional problems, alcohol or drug abuse.
- EAP can locate resources for eldercare, financial and legal services, support groups and various other needs.
- Call 1-800-275-3327 - Available day or night
Community “Y” – 80 No. Main Street
- Use of fitness room is free to all employees.
- Discounted programs offered to employees.
Lunch & Learn Programs
- Variety of health education topics offered intermittently throughout the year during convenient lunchtime hours.
- Walking Programs
- Know Your Numbers
- Biggest Winner Contest
- Weight Watchers
Biennial Health/Safety Fair
- Health screenings
- Medical, health & safety literature & information
- Health Care Professionals available for advisement
Medical Counseling (confidential)
- Offered through the Health Department – contact Beth Cocola (860) 647-3078 to make an appointment.
Environmental Health Information
- Concerns regarding environmental health should be initially directed to Kim Dubanoski, (860) 647-3172.
- Flu clinics available to Town employees in the Fall season. Watch for flyers in September and October.
- Various brochures and resources available via the Health Department.
- Visit MyCigna.com
Blood Pressure Screening/Monitoring
- Monthly clinics; individual checks also available at the Health Department– contact Beth Cocola at (860) 647-3078 to make an appointment.
Employees having questions regarding personal health may contact the Health Department at (860) 647-3173.
Employees having questions regarding Employee Wellness programs may contact the Human Resources Department at (860)647-3126.